Disclaimer: This solution only works for Windows OS.
- Firstly, with your headset plugged into the monitor still, open Device Manager (open the search bar and simply type “device manager”)
- Scroll down to the Sound, video and game controllers ribbon and expand it
- You should be able to see your headset in the list here even though you do not see it in the sound output device setting
- Right click on your headset’s name, and click Uninstall device
- Now disconnect your headset from the monitor and re-connect it
- Some drivers may try to automatically install – let it
- You should now be able to see your headset listed in the sound output setting on the task bar